CENTRAL GOVERNMENT 1
Responsible for the design and delivery of a nine-month modular leadership development programme to develop a pipeline of effective leaders for future senior technology roles. The programme includes group and individual coaching, technology master classes to develop understanding of best practice in technology and project team working to apply learning to the work place.
Responsible for the design and implementation of a career development framework to support scientific and technical staff manage their careers, in order to motivate and retain those with critical and scarce specialist skills.
Working with Directors and Department Heads to support in the development of a sourcing strategy and workforce strategy for IT services in order to manage resources effectively and to make best use of strategic suppliers.
1-2-1 coaching with directors and senior managers in the Technology Function globally to improve performance and business results.
Reporting to the Group HR Director, contributing to a review of the global organisation’s people strategy, making recommendations to provide greater focus and clarity to guide the action of the HR function.
BRITISH OXYGEN COMPANY (BOC, part of the Linde Group)
Design, co-ordination and delivery of a leadership development programme for the Board and top 100 leaders including facilitation and 1-2-1 coaching resulting in a measurable improvement in leadership behaviours and employee engagement.
HAYWARD MEDICAL COMMUNICATIONS
Developing a People Strategy to guide and focus the organisation in managing and motivating its people. Working in partnership with Hayward to understand staff views and perceptions and carrying out research to identify priorities for action. Supporting with the implementation of the resulting action plan and providing coaching to transfer HR skills to the client.
CENTRAL GOVERNMENT 2
Developing and implementing a new people strategy for the Technology and Research functions, supporting with talent management, resourcing strategy and performance management.
Responsible for the development and implementation of a People Strategy to guide organisational resources and focus. Projects included:
- Reviewing and making recommendations to improve organisational performance management
- Developing HR capability through designing and delivering a HR Development Programme
- Supporting in the introduction of talent management and workforce planning.
- Reviewing recruitment and selection processes to identify opportunities for greater efficiency.
- Partnering with the HR Director to redesign the HR function to improve service levels and support for the business.
CENTRAL GOVERNMENT 3
Providing consultancy support to develop a strategy to attract, retain and motivate technologists.
DEPARTMENT FOR EDUCATION
Working closely with the HR Director to provide consultancy advice and hands on support as part of a major organisational change programme to deliver cost savings and improved service to customers. Projects included:
- Assisting with the change management required to implement a new Oracle system
- Reviewing the effectiveness of the HR function and implementing changes, including conducting a thorough review of the L&D function leading to significant changes in processes and offerings.
- Developing and implementing a new People Strategy for the Department to provide clear priorities for action as an organisation.